What is React Native?
Why React Native?
Difference between ReactJS and React Native?
React Native is a framework used to build mobile applications using ReactJS library. But the components used in React and React Native are different although the syntax is the same.
On the other hand ReactJS supports in the font-end development in web applications.
Pros of React Native?
- More performance than the other cross-platform frameworks such as Cordova, PhoneGap etc. Because React Native renders code components with native API’s.
- Focus on better UI where ReactJS comes to rescue
- No need to develop for android and iOS separately
- A major selling point of React Native is shorter development time
Cons of React Native?
- React Native still lacks navigation components to provide users with better UX
- Lacks in some custom modules
- Sometimes the native developers are still needed to do access the device sensors
- Working under the Facebooks license and depend on them
Future of React Native?
Today, there is a big trend in the industry to use React Native to build mobile applications because they only need one team comparing to handling two teams to build for android and iOS separately.
Currently there are many companies building their mobile applications using React Native. For example Instegram, Tesla, Airbnb, Skype uses React Native.
So, in my opinion React Native will make an massive impact on development of mobile application even Google has already developed a framework like React Native named as Flutter. Which means there is a trend going on with the use of cross-platform mobile application development and React Native at its best.